As a product designer with 7 years experience, I apply my research-driven and detail-oriented skills towards equitable, user-focused design solutions.
📝 PDF Resume
Nov 2020 - July 2021
July 2019 - March 2020
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Overseeing all design aspects of the company’s consumer and enterprise products, including design strategy, user testing, copywriting. Worked across app and web platforms.
- Collaborating with development and marketing team for feature and product roadmaps.
- Mentored a total of 3 cohorts (60 students) the fundamentals of UX and UI design.
- Managing start-up client projects and guiding students through timelines and milestones.
- Learnt invaluable lessons on patience, compassion and keeping up with the ever-changing design world.
Oct 2017 - Feb 2019
Lead Product Designer
- Built a design system and led the UI/UX strategy of the internal product. The new design achieved 90% customer retention.
- Carried out detailed qualitative research, understanding user pain points and feedback of the current design. Carried out user interviews over 2 weeks with 22 users before release.
- Designed marketing collateral and assets on Mailchimp and Wordpress.
- Designed their new iOS app to reach a larger user base and provide existing customers with a mobile platform to track their storage use. Advised user flows for their tiered plans.
May 2014 - 2015
- Oversaw content direction for the student portal, used by over 50,000 students.
- Lead the front-end UI/UX for York University's Moodle-based platform, QA, and technical documentation.
- Brought my unique insight as a student to assist the user research team in developing student-centred requirements for the portal's content and site architecture.
- Created **instructional graphics** that were well-received by student users and enhanced their site-going experience.
Nov 2013 - Aug 2017
Product Designer, Freelance
- Enhancing the overall user experience, information architecture and user research of various startups.
- Improved and strengthened their product offerings, social media presence and brand identity.
Canada Learning Code
Jan 2019 - Sep 2019
UX Content Developer
- Was part of Canada Learning Code's team to spearhead a first-time User Experience Workshop set to launch in all of Canada, reaching over 1500 participants.
- Developed the entire workshop content with the team over 9 months.
- Assisted as one of 5 mentors at the main Toronto workshop hosted at Google HQ, helping 70+ learners discover UX design through a mixture of lessons and prototyping activities during the 6 hour workshop.
Jan 2016 - Present
- Actively facilitate HTML/CSS workshops a few times a year. Mentor 15 - 30 participants per workshop.
- Attend regular training and feedback sessions with other volunteers to keep my skills relevant.
You're Next Network
Jan - Dec 2014
- Managed strategic promotional and marketing initiatives that involved Twitter, Facebook accounts and weekly digests to represent YNCN and its community.
- Engaged over 2500 students and achieved 150% follower growth and signups from the previous year.
Figma / Adobe XD / Sketch / Invision / UXPin / Marvel / Illustrator / Photoshop
Lookback / Google Analytics / Hotjar / SurveyMonkey / Typeform
HTML (Pug) / CSS (Sass) / JS
🍞 Making the best gluten-free bread without a KitchenAid, just elbow grease
🎶 Singing along to fast Japanese songs